So Today I went to Abundant Living Family Church in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. I had been hearing about this church for YEARS, and everyone i had heard about it from said that they truly enjoyed themselves there. So today when my cousin was over (who is a member of ABFC) i just decided to go with her. And let me tell you.. I enjoyed every second of it.. The church is one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen.. Me and my cousin got there late so we missed Praise and Worship. We came in on Announcements and sat in the middle of the church..... it was huge... and there was a lot of people.. Different ethnicities and different cultures all in on area.. It was amazing.. I have only been to black churches so to see, Black's, Latino's, White's, Asian's, All mixes of people coming together to Praise and learn was amazing. ___________________________________________________________________________________ *Sermon Notes*
From Senior Pastor Diego Mesa (Who Started the church in 1994)
The Sermon came from:
2 Timothy 3:1
and it was titled
"Thankful For What: Thankful or Thankless-It is a Choice" .
I learned it is good for me to give thanks to God. Also that Being Thankful is my duty. Thankfulness is what you endure, Live out your Salvation, to that you can let everyone know you were saved."
(I used to be that way. i use to not care what other people thought of me because all that mattered was what God thought of me, and i knew God loved me, so it didn't matter what others thought)
But somewhere i lost that. I don't know where.. But i lost it.. and i need to get it back.
I also learned that Thankfulness is the ability to recognize God's blessings and good fortune in my life.
Thankfulness is the gift of Appreciation that is given back to God for His goodness.
Thankfulness is the overwhelming gratefulness to God that must be Expressed.
Thankfulness is how well you Start Something, Do Something, and Finish Something.
We then turned to Romans 1:21 and saw that What we do not appreciate, are grateful or thankful for, we will abuse, misuse, neglect, and change Vain thoughts, and a foolish heart, and a darkened life.
(I know i was not appreciating the life God has given me, and the many good things He was giving me.. thats why i feel i went through all the recent crap of crying and everything, because i took my eyes off of God and put them onto something else. So i started to not appreciate God and the many blessings he was giving to me. Blessings like Life, and a roof over my head, and food in my refrigerator. I was taking things for Granted. Yes I want love, but I need to focus on God and let God handle the rest. Love will come my way when God sees fit... I have to trust and believe that.)
We then Turned to Psalm 116:12, And I saw that I need to Acknowledge the Blessings and Benefits God gives towards me. Blessings and Benefits that I do not deserve, I did not earn, and that I can not buy. Blessings And Benefits that I can not merit, can't perform for, and can't beg for. Blessings and Benefits are not for sale, not for Hire, and not for Bribe.
Then we looked at Luke 12:48 which says "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." We see that God Only requires of you in proportion to what you receive. (Also I say, If I know better, Imma do better!)
(Luke 17:11) Example of two types of Christians.
Thankful 10 percent vs. the unthankful 90 percent.
- A. Before Jesus Came into our lives we were all lepers (Ephesians 2:1)
- B. Why didn't the nine return or give a return on the gift to Jesus? When the Big things God does become Small in your eyes, you become too big and you are Unthankful. (Luke 18:19 and also Luke 5:5) <----- That right there was the whole sermon for me, in that one sentence I was done and out for the count! HAHA.. I was like.. Wow! WOW!!!!!!
- C. Unthankful Lepers won't return back to say thank you to Jesus. Like the 9 will you still need God as much After your miracle as Before? or are you a miracle seeker, but do not want the relationship? which means do you only ask for Gods help when you NEED him but do not truly want a relationship with Him after He blesses you with what you asked for?
- What makes us Return and not give thanks?
- The Flesh, cuz it is always tired.
- The People we hang around with, because if they are not giving thanks, we will not give thanks also
- The Hardships we endure, because we do not want to thank God for the Problems we have in our lives that He uses to Teach us about Him and all that He can Do.
- 1). Indebtedness
- 2). Selah = Stopping and Reflecting on what just happened. We have to Selah in Life. Stop and have time to Reflect and really take in everything that is going on. Instead of constantly being on the Go.
- 3). Giving Glory to God. He wanted to give God praise for what God had just done for Him. Healing his Body.
- It affects your Faith. You can't truly have a whole faith without being Thanks and truly meaning it.
- Makes you Well/Whole, and not just Healed, it Meets your entire being instead of just our outward appearance.
- God entrust you with revelations or blessings Only thankful people get the extra from God.
I then Learned that Thankfulness is something you live out.. It must be Expressed.
I will express it from now on... I have been through too much to not show God thanks for what He has done for me! ____________________________________________________________________________________
I then went and got a free gift (a mug) for being a first time visitor of the church.. its a nice mug... :-)
Then went and got some refreshments.. they were good and some cold water cuz a man was THIRSTY!
We then went into Children's church and immediately when i walked into the children's Building i was amazed at the Decor and art on the walls and how warm and welcoming it felt in that building. I literally said out loud.. "WOW"...
I then saw a past member of the church i regularly attend and we exchanged greetings and talked for a bit. it was nice catching up with him.
Then i walked around the building and saw all the children's programs and classes they offered.. they did not have all the kids in one room like i have seen it before at different churches...
But they had like 10 different rooms based off of age. newborns.. 6 to 13 months. 14 months to 2 years old.. so on and do forth, all the way to twelve years old i believe and then after 12 years old you would have to go into another building for the teens and youth department..
I did not get to go into that side of the church today but from what i could see from the entrance.. it looked like it was the poppin place to be.. The kids looked excited to be going to Youth church.. wow.. I have not seen youth that excited in a long time.
They have a Huge playground for the kids to play on... It was very Open and had a Basketball courts, A whale slide. and a Jungle gym if not two if i'm not mistaken for the little littlle kids.
Overall it was a Bomb experience.. I learned something.. Felt welcomed by everyone. Everyone was soo nice and friendly.. Overall Great experience.. I def will be back again.. I think this may be my new church Home... We will see.. I will pray on it. and wherever i end up, I know i will be THANKFUL for the Journey God has for me there! I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment