I stepped out of my comfort zone today..
They say the key to getting NEW results in ANYTHING is to step out of your comfort zone and do something NEW!
So...
I tried it today.
I Tried to hit on this dude while i was at work today.. but he did not know a lick of english..
Dang these Language barriers..
He was soo cute...
So i decided to try my luck..
He seemed like he was soo bored
So i Offered him my iPod so he could listen to music while he waited for his friend to come out of a deposition
That is when i noticed he did not speak english,
But he seemed intrigued by me.
I could have been imagining that but
I think i know when someone is interested or not.
Or maybe i dont,
But i decided to go for him anyway!
Started talking to him as best as i could
If all else fails at least i would entertain him and me for about 2 hours.
The convo was good..
Even though we did not understand each other a lot..
We talked about Music. Clothes.
Where he was from. and many other things
He had a tongue ring
and was licking his lips a lot.. ;-)
He seemed like he wanted to learn more about me.
Like he was interested in the things i had to say.
The connection was there..
The connection was right.
Love has no language
It is universal and needs no verbal dialog.
But...
This Language Difference might have been too much for him.
It made it difficult to really connect.
We laughed...
and Had a good time..
I gave him my name and number
He gave me his facebook...
I knew he did not have a phone
Because if he did he would have pulled it out and been on it or playing with it while he was waiting for his friend for 4 hours!
I came home
Relaxed....
I looked for him for 30 minutes on fb
but could not find him...
Maybe he will look for me
Or maybe even try to call me...
I doubt it.
But it would be nice if he did...
Either Way
I take away from this TWO things...
1). I had a good time learning about someone else.
2). It's about that time i go and Learn Spanish Fluently, so that i NEVER have this problem again.
So when someone asks me "¿Hablas espaƱol?"
I can look at them with confidence and say.. "Si"
And we can start this thing without any...
Language Barriers.
So now I get it hmmm yeah barrier indeed. Well I'm glad you got out there and put it out there. Now all we need to do is get some Rosetta Stone and take a month vacation in Mexico :)
ReplyDelete