Thursday, May 12, 2011

Humility.

Ugh... I hate coming off talking about myself a lot...
Or to what seems like bragging...
I don't like to brag.. I really don't
And i don't like to say the things i have done in my life.
Just because it may seem like i am bragging...
And yesterday.. It seemed like i was doing JUST that...

Bragging.

I was not trying to....

I went to My friend Tarick and Mustafah's concert they were playing in called "Battle of the Bands" and I met a lot of their friends..

I casually started talking, just being myself, and they would ask me about what i do and why? So i noticed myself having to put myself out there.. meaning why i do things and how much i have done..

Now it is not their fault i felt the need to say all i have done or what I want to do.. But just looking back on it now.. Every time i opened my mouth it seemed that i was saying something else i have come in contact with or something i have done.

From dancing (traveling to Japan)... To Gym workouts (me having a 6 pack and a V cut) to even the concerts I have been to (Lots)
I should consider it a blessing that I have had the Opportunity to do these things.. and stay Humble about it..

It is not becoming to put yourself out there soo much soo quickly in any aspect.

But then again.. if someone asks.. i don't want to hold back cuz i get excited and passionate about what i have seen or done or have accomplished... I am not trying to one up someone.. But i noticed yesterday that it seemed like i was...

Trust.. I know I am not more important then anyone else...

UGH i HATE THAT and i can't stand people who think they are better then other people...

I never thought i would be the one to have to eat a WHOLE HUMBLE PIE. Even if Tarick and his group of friends did not notice it.. just the simple fact that I noticed it should make me re-evaluate the way i approach things....

i notice that I have something to learn... Just.... Hold back..... Don't come off as that guy who talks about himself all the time.. or talks about all the things he has seen or done.. it may seem good at the time.. But it is not... It's not impressive.. Nor needed...

Life is about Learning lessons...

So i guess this was the next lesson i had to learn..A dose.. no... More like a super sized bug gulp..... of Humility..

No comments:

Post a Comment