Saturday, May 21, 2011

24 Year Old Dae reading the Notes from 16 year old Darrick.

On My First Day of Kindergarten, I remember walking and being really nervous because i did not know if they would like me. I remember my friends Jimmy Tyus, John Muna, Dustin Brown and Robert Reed. I also remember Making Jimmy Throw up because he can not eat salt, and i told him to eat salt and he did. He threw Up almost immedietly.

In Fifth grade I remember that i thought i was all that because i was the top of the elementary classes. Jimmy had moved to Mississippi and i just Loved it.

In Ninth Grade, I was nervous but i knew i would be alright. I did not know anybody and i was looking for somebody to talk too. Nobody would talk to me, and that made me upset and sad.

In the 12th grade, I really don't know what is going to happen... I hope it goes as I have planned, but if it doesn't i know that God had something else in store for me.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trip down memory lane I suppose. I was cleaning my room today and happened to look in some shoe boxes that I thought had shoes in them. Turns out. it was some of my old High school papers. Many of which were my doodling notebooks and notebooks of my hopes and dreams and just random thoughts on how i viewed High School and the events happening around me. I typed this out EXACTLY how i wrote it that Day while i was in the 11th Grade. I vaguely remember writing this, but i am sure the teacher asked us to write down how we felt in kindergarten, 5th, 9th, and in the future of our 12th grade.

I liked reading this because It brought back memories... And Made me see how hopeful (or Naive) I was. First of All... I spelled Robert's Last name wrong... How in the world is he suppose to be a good friend of mine and i could not spell his name right (get it together Darrick... It's Redd.. Not Reed) HAHAHA.. Then i was soo mean for making Jimmy Eat that salt when i knew he could not.. HAHA.. throwing up is never a good look on ANYONE!
And I was not Happy Jimmy left for Mississippi..He was my close best friend... when He left I actually felt really bad, and i believe i cried for a few nights when i found out he was leaving (I never told anyone that) He still lives out in the Misses and i have not seen him since the end of 4th grade. :-(

In 9th grade I was nervous and I remember not having any friends that Whole year. I was a loner.. that was a tough year for me.. it was not until I joined the Hip Hop team at my high school that i started making acquaintances (and one friend)
And as far a my Senior Year.. wow.. I was soo hopeful that it would be something that was EPIC! It wasn't.

Now being a Graduate From College for a Year, I look back on all that i have come from and all I have learned.. and it boggles my mind. My grammar in High school needed soo Much work! HAHA.. I am glad i can go back and appreciate these little notes i wrote to myself back in the day. I never thought i would be looking at them close to 10 years later with an appreciation for the boy i was..

Wow.. these notes are bringing me back. Makes me a Little Nostalgic.

I wish i could talk to the me i was back then. Have a one on one conversation with myself. Tell myself how things turn out.. Some situations I should change in order to make things a little bit easier. Roads i would avoid and things of the like. People i should avoid in order to save my mind some frustration and my heart some heartache.

But since i can not do that...looking back on these and saying.. "OH DARRICK IF ONLY YOU KNEW" will have to suffice.

I can't change the past, I can only Remember it, Appreciate it, and Move Forward.

Thanks Darrick for the Trip. If Only you knew what would be in your future.

To The Darrick in the future who will be reflecting back on the 24 year old Darrick... Keep chugging... Keep your Faith, and Keep your Head Up... I guarantee you It will be a ride you will Never Forget. Good or Bad.. make the most of it, and appreciate all you have and do. Cuz you never know when the ride will be over.. So enjoy it to the Fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment