Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Japan. Day 1

June 16th, 2010….
I’m In Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!
So These last 2 days have been Days where plenty of things have happened…
It is 1:47 a.m. Wednesday morning here in Japan and it is only 9:47 a.m. TUESDAY morning in L.A…..
So let me tell you about my days.. or what felt like DAYS.. so far..
So on Monday morning L.A. time I was over Jarells house because I spent the night so that I could be closer to the LAX airport. We woke up at 6… and then 615.. and then 630.. and then 645.. BECAUSE his stank alarm kept going off.. but not just one alarm…. ALL OF THEM that he set on different appliances. So we finally get up and get ready to go.. He drops me off and I proceed to start my adventure to Japan. I go into the airport all nervous and when I get into the actually airport I see Yoko.. SO I FEEL RELIEVED. And she knows the Japanese language so I knew that was going to be a plus (at that point i told myself I was going to stay with her all the time we were there..! HAHA) So then we board our plane and we take off.. I was sitting next to this extremely nice lady and had a really good conversation with her about Life.. she gave me her business card because I told her I was with a dancing company, and she was an production coordinator. So I will give that card to Elm (the Creator of Boogiezone) and see what he wants to do with it. Oh.. someone was STANKING up on that plane!!!!! It was a horrid HOT MESS.. I think it was this elderly guy who took his shoes off!!! DANG I HOPE That ladt right next to me did not think it was me!!!!! So that flight was only to Vancouver so it took about two hours. That was the easy part. Me, Yoko, Devin, Her dad, Marley and a girl from the GRV team got off the plane and headed to Vancouver’s check point for immigrants. That took forever since there was ONLY ONE person helping everyone! After that check point we sat for about an hour, but the rest of OFFSPRING was there.. so we meet up with them.. We boarding this EXTREMELY nice AIR CANADA plane and took off.. Now… This flight had to be about 8 to 9 hours.. maybe even 10.. because I watched Three movies…. Started the fourth one.. Listened to Music, ate TWICE! And still had time to KILL! I have been on longer plane rides before but this time just was exhausting! I was sitting right next to some people I did not know and that kind of made the experience a little more depressing.. cuz I really had no one to talk to.. But I was talking to one of the offspring kids.. she is funny.. I do not know her name YET.. but I will later on in the trip…
The food on the plane was aiight… But If it was a precursor as to what was going to come in Japan then I need two double cheeseburgers everyday from an American food place.. Umm.. HAHA!!!
So we finally get off the plane and into Japan at around 4 o clock their time… We get our things and are met by Two Japanese girls.. they both were cute in their own unique way.. I was trying to figure out their roles in society.. meaning the kind of person they are and their personalities.. I found myself doing that a lot out here.. Looking at the way people dress, how they walk, and look, and trying to figure out if they are of the elite class of Japanese, or of the lower class.. I know that is wrong.. I just can’t help it..
Anyway… THANK GOODNESS FOR YOKO… since she knew the language it was easy for her to get around and navigate us real real extremely foreign people in this new land.. this AWESOME new land…
We decided to take this bus shuttle that would take us to a specific hotel, and then we would hve to take a train the rest of the way. Well.. the bus cost like $30 american dollars which is about 30,000 yen I believe. (I got all this Japanese money, and now I think I spent the majority of it.. AHH.. I need more.. I need to figure out how to receive more money) The group decided on the bus because we had a lot of luggage and it was big luggage ad we did nto want to haul it up the stairs, and down the stairs, and be crammed in the subway system while standing up and rushed along the paths. So we got a nice bus with air conditioning, and relaxation instead. It was nice.. We got off the bus… And had to walk a cool minute to get to the train station. The train station was nice.. we got a train pass which was $20 dollars , but we had to wait because at this point Devin and her dad went Missing!!! OH NO!!!!! did we lose or forget them at one POINT!!!! Oh no!!!!!! (I later found out that we did.. and now I am hearing that they found their way to the hotel and that they are ok.. Good.. I was worried) But while we were sitting at the train station while the host went to look for Devin and her dad I noticed that in the train station the Japanese just kept coming.. There was no real stops in the flow of commuters in the train.. I see the train is relied HEAVY upon in Japan… I don’t knmwo if we just came at the time everyone had gotten off or if the train is ALWAYS as busy as it was but it was crazy.. I also noticed that their attitudes were all like “GO GO GO GO” never did it seem to cross their mind to slow down and relax.. But that is just my opinion. We got on and off the train and had to walk a while before we actually got to the hotel.. By this time it was about 8 o clock at night. It had started to rain a little bit so now I am a little more moist on top of the moisture that had already collected from me wearing a sweater in 80 degree humid weather while walking with two big suitcases! I was starting to feel realy Nasty because of all the oil on my face.. I was sweating and all I wanted to do was TAKE A SHOWER! We get to the hotel.. And I realize…. They only have one Key to the rooms!!!!!! And since Victor is my roommate and he was already here.. He had the key.. So I went up to the room.. and guess what?! VICTOR IS NOT IN THE ROOM!!!! So I am standing outside looking a hot mess cuz I can’t get inside… So I ask the front men if they have a spare key and luckily they did.. The thing about this hotel in Japan is that everytime you leave the hotel, they want you to bring the key up to the front and leave it with them until you get back, just in case something happens and they need to get in.. They do have spare keys but they would highly not like to use them. I thinmk that is Neat but can also be a pain… especially since I was standing outside my room for 25 minutes..
So I get inside my room and see there is only ONE BED… umm…are me AND voctor suppose to sleep in this ONE bed?! HAHAHA.. ok… then I see how small everything is in the room and I was like “Darrick.. you surely are not in the States Anymore!” I think the room is cute though.. I meant to take pics of the room before everything got jacked up.. but it is ok.. HAHA.. .
I took a shower.. and almost hit my head on the CEILING because I am a GIANT when it comes to the bathroom.. I almost have to duck my head to get into the bathroom.. OHH.. in order for the main lights to come on inside the room you have to insert the key into the light switch.. so you wont have no lights.. unless you have a key.. HAHAHA.. neat.. and also different. I will take a picture of that.. trust…
So I took my shower.. felt good and then was hungry.. So me yoko and a few others went to find something to eat.. No being that I do not really enjoy Asian inspired food I was not particularly jumping for joy when we passed all of the choices in the immediate area.. But since I am in Japan I say you GOTTA try Everything you can!!!!! So we went to this place and I had Miso Soup with won tons in it , and some kind of appetizer… It was cool.. I just was still hungry when I left.. Then I went back to the hotel.. and took a nap.. And then victor came into the room a few hours later.. The sad thing about it is that when someone wants to do something in the room while someone is sleeping, the lights have to be on… Because they really do nto have separate lights.. that key turns on EVERYTHING.. so I was trying to sleep while the lights were on.. Ugh.. I know Victor did nto do that on purose.. but its just how it happened…. It’s all good though… So now Victor is sleep and I am in the dark (because I do nto want to disturb him with the lights) writing this at 2:27 a.m. I want to remember this whole trip for a long time… Who knows when I will have another opportunity to come to JAPAN! Tokyo Japan especially.. That’s ONLY been Day 1 in Japan.. Shoot.. 6 more to Go! YAY! TTYL peace!
Dae

No comments:

Post a Comment