Thursday, June 17, 2010

Japan. Day 2

Well.. It is 3:27 a.m. here in Japan and I am here for my second edition of My Japan trip…
Today I woke up in a HOT HOT sweat.. Well.. it was because the air conditioner was nmot on.. and I was under the covers… It was gross.. I felt bad for victor because he had to sleep right next to me and I was sweating.. So I put a towel down under me so that I did nto even feel the sweat. GROSS! But anyway.. That is how I woke up this morning… So then after I got dressed, brushed my teeth. And did all the necessary things I needed to do to get ready I decided to go to get something to eat with Yoko, Victor, Angela, Angela’s Mom, Shay, an d a few others (if I forgot you, please forgive me!) to this French Pastry spot right across the street from our Hotel.. Ohh.. Our HOTEL IS THE New Otani Inn.. its nice.. Anyway.. So I got a few things that were different.. Like a hot dog with like tomato and sugar sauce on it.. it was pretty good.. and also a kind of pizza thing.. that was good also.. and a Donut! HAHA.. ohh.. AND some mango Juice!!! YUMMY! Hahaha… It was then that I realized that after I bought those items I would not have enough to do ANYTHING else, because of the money situation.. you see.. I needed to save 280 something dollars to pay for the hotel.. but I was starting to dig into that money by buying these items.. I had spent in ONE DAY OVER 100 DOLLARS!!!! I wanted to SCREAM! The reason I had spent soo much is because the exchange rate from American dollars TO Japanese Yen WAS SOO HIGH that when I exchange a load of cash it took away a lot of my money just for the processing fee.. UGH.. then I bought a bus pass and a train pass.. and two meals.. and my money was GONE! So I decided to look around for an ATM. Yoko was nice enough to go with me (thank you) and a few boogiezone and offspring peeps.. We found onbe and I went to get money off the card.. and the card kept getting Declined.. Kind of embarrassing.. but I will get over it! I tried about 5 times.. Yoko tried.. I wished, Prayed and Hoped it would work.. But no luck! UGH! So then I was like.. dude! I have to get money.. not only for the hotel.. BUT FOR FOOD!!!! Umm.. I am not trying to go HUNGRY over here in a land I know NOTHING about.. Umm.. What I look Like?! WHERE THEY DO THAT AT?! Hahaha! Anyway…
I then watched the first half of the laker game!! LAKERS!!! YAY!!!! YOU BETTA WIN!!! The good Thing about sports out here have NO commercials.. so everything the people who are there in the venue see. we saw also.. it was tight! I had to leave early in order to meet up with the group going to Boogiezone Uptopia…
So after that we decided to go to BOOGIEZONE UTOPIA! Which is one of the Main reasons Why we are here! I liked the Place.. it shocked me that it was on the Bottom floor of a business building.. But the place is Nice.. two rooms.. Room A and Room B.. Room B I believe is a little bit bigger then Room A, but they are BOTH nice.. Keoni and Mari were there today and they are a big deal in the Dancing Community.. They are nice.. But I am not star struck over them.. but they are Bomb Dancers! We practiced there for about 2 hours.. I think… I think… LOL.. and got some things settled there.. Ohh.. before we got really deep into practicing we had a mini break.. So I was walking around and noticed that they had a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream.. So I go in there all confident and everything.. I try like three different flavors.. Decided on one flavor.. was about to ask for the flavor… (thank goodness I did not) thought the sign said 30 yen for a scoop… but then realized I did nto have 30 yen ☹ …. Umm… I was asking for thirty yen from Angela and Shay but.. I only ended up with 20.. But then angela pointed out that It was 30 yen for an UPGRADE to a waffle cone from the original prcie.. so then I felt like I failed.. and told the man.. I am sorry.. I cant afford your ice cream.. and I had to walk out.. Ice cream less… Aww.. It was really embarrassing.. I felt like I had wasted his time.. ☹ Anyway.. so we practiced hard.. Offspring did they thing.. breed did they thing.. and Entity (Devin) Represented also! We all came together in front of elm for the first time in Japan..Elm gave us some pointers in order to make the set better… .They were good pointers.. Elm is a great leader.. CALM WHEN NEED BE.. BUT SERIOUS WHEN IT IS TIME TO GEFF (Geff= Get it Together…. Work it out! Time to Kill it! Serious Time) It is leaders like this that make the world go round… I look Up to that…
So then after that I decided to go back to the hotel with Elm and Bobby while everyone else had a few hours to kill before we needed to meet up again at 10 p.m. for a meeting with EVERYONE that was performing on Thursday. I decided to go and get my laptop and go to the ONLY PLACE IN THE HOTEL THAT HAS FREE WIRELESS (which is where I am at now) it is in this little corner in the Cut of the Hotel.. HAHA! Its cool though.. gives me time to think.. but only if no one is in here.. like now.. But earlier everyone and the Grandma was in here.. It was soo noisy and loud! I was tryin g to Skype with Mario (Another guy from breed who unfortunately could not make it out to Japan… Breed Misses you man!) and I could hardly hear him…
OH OH OH.. let me tell me about my little dilemma!!! So I had no money right.. I could not pull out any money and I did nto want to spend my hotel money..(which I was now short off) so I was trying to get in contact with my mother.. which I could not.. everytime I would try to dial out of Japan from my cell phone I would get a busy tone.. even after putting in the special code to call out.. So I had to ask my friend Ashley over the internet through Facebook to call my mother whom she has never meet before and it was like 11 at night to tell my mom that I needed more money.. My mom was worried because she thought I had not emailed her letting her know I had made it safely….. but I did, and she also did not know if I was ok…. So Ahley told her I was ok and that I needed money….My mom , in order to talk to me since my aim is not working right now… made a yahoo messenger name and decided to talk to me there.. notice I was still talking to Mario through Skye and also talking to Ashley who was directing me on what my mother said before she finished making her yahoo account.. It was soo much.. Then my mother had to call the hotel in Japan and then call the Banks Operator.. we were on the phone for a while.. so I do not know how much that is going to be! Wow! I can only imagine! HAHA… but then we got everything settled so I should be able to have money by the time I wake up… anyway… after that I decided to Chill for a few hours talking to people online, and then went to go and get some Subway…THEY HAVE TERIYAKI CHICKEN out here y’alll..i got a teriyaki and turkey sandwich.. with pickles.. olives., guacamole (which they squeezed from a BAG! Ugh!!!) a lemon sauce, an onion sauce, and salt and pepper.. it was actually pretty good!
I then decided to eat in my room.. and then I went outside and just SAT outside thinking.. Dancing.. Trying to really take in JAPAN!!!! People were waling by looking at me but I id not care.. I let the semi Humid breeze sweep me away and take me to a place that I had not been before! By this time it was time for the meeting.. went to the meeting.. SAW MARTY KUDELKA.. (which he is one of my fav choreographers! But I played it cool!!! Even though I wanted to be like “OH MY GOSH!!! CAN I JUST BE YOUR ASSISTANT PLEASE.. I’ll CLEAN YA BATHROOM DUDE OR ANYTHING… JUST LET LET ME TRAIN UNDER YOU!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!) haha… the meeting was cool and then offbrentity (Breed + Offspring + Entity) had another rehearsal… OH OH OH.. ok.. this is soo random but is was a new experience.. so prepare yourself… 3….2…1… OK.. So in the bathroom in our room the toilets are also a Bidet….So after I was done doing my business.. I was like.. Imma give it a try… I wanna see what all the fuss is about… AND WOW.. LET’S just say I have now felt the finer things in life and I NEED ONE IN MY HOUSE ASAP!!! Haha…. Clean has never felt soo good! HAHA! Y’all should try it!!! There GREAT!!!!! (Said in a Tony The Tiger Voice!)
So For thisrehearsal we did not go back to the Boogiezone Utopia site because the trains in order to get there were closed.. So we just practiced outside.. Tell me why we got told by the cops 4 times that we coumd not dance where we were dancing.. and everytime we got stopped we would move!!!! We ended up far from the place we started and we still got stopped.. We then just decided to meditate on the moves and really get the moves in our Bodies.. I think that helped because everyone was getting tired and sleepy.. Notice by this time it is after 2 A.M and many of us have been up since before 10 A.M. and we were just running around all day.. BUT I feel it was a good practice nonetheless.. I learned something… To focus on the ineer, and not necessarily focus on me soo much.. if you dance and have fun and interact and watch the team while you are dancing.. that will make the whole experience better for you.. and the audience.. because they will feel the unity and connective ness from within the group… Thanks Cheryl… Then after that we all went to our hotels.. and we they knocked out.. and I am here.. bloging and uploading pics..
That’s my Day two..
Hope you enjoyed! ☺
Day THREE.. AND SHOW DAY TOMORROW!! WE GONNA KILL IT OFFBRENTITY! ☺ WE BETTA! TRICKS!
Peace
DAE

No comments:

Post a Comment