Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to just be a bold individual, giving care to the wind, and just walking and telling people I Like them, or I can't stand them, or ANYTHING in general. I have a Major Filter and sometimes it leads me to miss out on things because I do not speak up or I become too scared to say something. I am always thinking about the consequences, and they usually override the benefits. (or so i think)
Take for example... I really think this guy is cute at my barber shop. Now I am not sure he is gay... But some people I know tell me that it really seems as if he is. Now he cuts my hair sometimes and I get all nervous and everything. I dont know what to say to him that is interesting enough to get him to start talking and telling me more about himself, So I can start figuring him out and seeing if we are even compatible to be friends. The barbershop atmosphere is not the place to be asking someone if they like Coochie or if they like Dick! so I have to be more subtle in my apprroach to that question...But how.. I rack my brain all the time with this question and nothing I come up with works.
I think... Just start a convo with him, but then I get nervous because I would feel everyone at the shop would be listening to our convo..
I think.. Maybe text him and go about talking to him that way.. But I think that is weird to try to build a friendship through text but when you actually see the person you dont actually talk to them. (Because of the fear of others hearing the convo)
**SIDENOTE** Why Was I all Geeked up and Excited when I got his NUMBER?! for real Darrick.. I was soo excited, and I asked him for it because I said I would call to see if he was busy the next time I needed a haircut.. Umm DUH I think ANY Barber would give you their number if it meant more business for them! Gosh Darrick.. I guess the simple things make me happy! But usually they are nothing to get excited over..
It's not like I asked him if he liked me and he said "Yes"! But then again.. If he is gay he might not even like me.. He might not like Tall, Black Guys. Guys with Glasses who are skinny with a weird shaped head.
But he Might... only He knows...
Even if he is straight to be friends with him would be cool also. He seems like a cool guy, but that's only from me observing him when I am at the barber. It's also good to have a barber friend if I am ever in a pickle and need my hair cut ASAP on like a Sunday or Monday. (since they are closed that day) Maybe he could make a house call and save a bro from the embarrassment of looking Unprofessional! At least I will have a nice Haircut! HAHAH.. Who knows!
But Either Way.. I am too scared to even say hello to spark up a friendship which could lead to maybe something more.. romantic or even good friends.
So... Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a Bold Individual, Not Afraid of Consequences, Throwing Caution to the Wind... Saying Hello.. to the Many Opportunities of Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment